Winter on the Seiser Alm: your holiday dream in the Dolomites
Spending the winter holidays in the Seiser Alm holiday area is the dream of all skiers. The biggest high-alpine plateau in Europe, embedded in Schlern, Langkofel and Plattkofel is a paradise for all kinds of winter sports. The vastness, the breath-taking scenery, the sunny and wind-protected slopes make the Seiser Alm unique. Directly from Hotel Seelaus onto the slopes!
- Skiing: the Seiser Alm, together with the Val Gardena, form one ski resort. 60 km of slopes and a wonderful panoramic landscape await you at the alpine pasture. In Val Gardena you’ll enjoy another 100 km of slopes. Read more about skiing holidays on the Seiser Alm;
- Cross-country skiing: the high-alpine plateau provides the ideal conditions for cross-country skiing surrounded by a beautiful landscape. The cross-country tracks are perfectly groomed. International teams also train here, due to the ideal conditions;
- Snow-shoe hiking and winter hiking: a new trend and simply charming. You will hike through the white winter landscape with snow-shoe or winter boots. You can rent snow-shoe free of charge;
- Horse-drawn carriages at Dolomites;
- Sledging for old and young: this is fun!
- Christmas Markets in Kastelruth, Bozen, Brixen and St. Christina: are always worth a visit!
After a day on the snow, there is nothing more beautiful than to regenerate and relax in our indoor pool, a real cure-all for mind and body.
Skiing on the Seiser Alm
Seiser Alm – Val Gardena skiing area
Skiing on the Seiser Alm/Alpe di Siusi: a dream come true! Surrounded by Schlern, Langkofel and Plattkofel, this region offers slopes of every level and difficulty from which you can admire a breathtaking view of the peaks of Puez, Peitlerkofel, Sella Group, Marmolada, Vajolet Towers and Rosengarten.
“Explore the Dolomites”
Don’t miss out on a free ski safari with the Sciliar 3000 Ski School every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Ski area Seiser Alm – Gröden
- 60 km of slopes on the Seiser Alm – with the Seiser Alm - Gröden ski pass;
- Thanks to the connection to the Gröden ski resort you can also enjoy 100 km of slopes in the Gröden Valley/Val Gardena - ski pass Seiser Alm – Gröden;
- Connection to the Sellaronda - Dolomiti Superski ski pass required;
- Modern ski lifts;
- King Laurin Snowboard park with 110 m long half pipe: it is not only the most beautiful, but also the biggest park in South Tyrol and the second-biggest park in Italy with huge dimensions: 1500 metres long, divided into two lines. Contests also take place! The snowboard park is located near to the hotel!
- Ski Funpark for kids with ski course, child care, mini express train and funny clowns - 10 minutes from the hotel
- Witches tour for small children and the family-friendly attitude of the inhabitants
- In winter 2018/2019 ADAC Ski Guide voted Seiser Alm as one of the three best family-friendly and child-friendly ski resorts in the Alps.
- Ski pass rates on the Seiser Alm
- Ski Sport Hans: here you enjoy reductions of 10% and more on ski rental.
South Tyrol is the paradise of cross-country skiing.
The Seiser Alm is the ideal place for cross-country skiing. This is the reason why the cross-country national teams of Germany, Sweden, Czech Republic, Norway, Japan and other nations choose the Seiser Alm for their training camps. In addition to sporty activities you also enjoy lots of sun and a fantastic view of the surrounding mountains like Schlern, Langkofel and Plattkofel.
80 kilometers with double or quadruple lanes and perfectly groomed cross-country tracks which lead you through the wintry and snow-covered landscape below Schlern Mountain. Courses of all levels of difficulty await beginners or professionals for skating or classic cross-country skiing! Those who want to try this sport can practice on the 2km long beginners’ slope.
Moonlight Classic Marathon – Seiser Alm
Full moon cross-country skiing: cross-country skiers will start from Compatsch, under the light on the moon and with the lamps to face the 36 or 20 km long round course at full moon. A true adventure!
Dolomiti Nordic Ski
The Seiser Alm is part of Europe's biggest cross-country resort, Dolomiti Nordic Ski with 1,300 km of tracks.
Snowshoe hiking at the foot of Schlern mountain
The Seiser Alm and in particular Schlern are the kingdom of snowshoeing.
Adventure and nature experience
The biggest high-alpine plateau in Europe is a true hiking paradise in summer. In winter, however, the alpine pasture provides a paradise for snowshoe and winter hikes. You discover the white winter landscape without any need of special skills and without following certain routes. You can rent snowshoes in the Hotel free of charge.
Recharge your energy in nature
Away from the slopes you can immerse yourself in the quiet of nature, listen to the birdsong and the sounds of the forest. The fresh mountain air invites you to breathe deeply, surrounded by snowy mountains.
We will happy to recommend the most beautiful tours, even if they are really easy to find: just wear the equipment and leave the hotel, you will find yourself directly on the slopes.