Summer holidays on the Seiser Alm: hike, wellness and bike
The biggest high-alpine plateau in Europe awaits you for hiking and cycling
Summer in the Dolomites are simply great: the peace, the scent of hay, the fantastic view of the Schlern and the sun. The Seiser Alm is a jewel for pleasure seekers and those who love the quietness.
Our summer tips:
- Hiking: The Alpe di Siusi in summer is a hiking paradise. Depending on the available time and your fitness you can choose between a comfortable walk or a hut hike, climb Schlern Mountain or try a fixed-aid climb. In addition to fresh air, you'll enjoy the unique landscape in the UNESCO World Nature Heritage site, the Dolomites. Discover the hikes on the Seiser Alm!
- Running: Olympia winners, world and European champions in running come to train at the Seiser Alm in July. The altitude of 1,800 to 2,300 m is ideal for the preparation for the marathons in autumn. At the Seiser Alm Running, amateur runners have the chance to compete with the best marathon runners worldwide. If you prefer to run on your own, you'll find perfect running routes at the Seiser Alm;
- Nordic Walking: the region offers numerous trails and paths for Nordic walking;
- Bikes: bikers will find bike tours of various levels of difficulty and length, from simple tours to more challenging tours of several days. Cycling on the slopes of the Schlern or under the peaks of the Langkofel and Plattkofel is a truly unforgettable experience! Bikes can be rented on site from our partners who offer you special prices. On the Seiser Alm you will also find a Bike School, which offers courses and guided tours;
- Swimming: We recommend a bath in Völser Weiher Lake to cool down. The lake has been voted the most beautiful bathing lake in Italy on several occasions. Otherwise you'll find pools in Telfen and Gröden;
- Horse-drawn carriage rides on the Seiser Alm;
- Paragliding- hang gliding: the weather conditions are ideal for flying over the Seiser Alm!
- Model airplanes: not far from the hotel you'll find an ideal spot to enjoy your model airplanes - this place can be easily reached with the "Spitzbühl" chairlift!
Hotel Seelaus is located in Alpe di Siusi holiday area. Thanks to its strategic position, the hikes start directly from the hotel.
- 8,25 km
- 10,75 km
- 16 km
- 18,5 km